Google's pay-per-click program that aligns your ad with relevant content, whether it is on Google or on one of their partner websites.
- Clicks: Total number of people who click your ad
- Impressions: Total number of people who saw your ad
- Click-Through Rate: Percentage of people who clicked your ad once they saw it
- Cost Per Click: Total amount you have spent on each click
- Conversion Rate: Percentage of people who completed a desired action on your website (i.e. completed a form) out of those who clicked through to your website
Search Engine Optimization
The process of improving your visibility on search engines for a given set of keywords.
- Search Engine Rank: Your placement on the SERP (see below); 1-10 is the first page, 11-20 is the second, 21-30 the third and so on
- SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages): The pages that display once you conduct a search using a search engine
Metrics that gauge how visitors are getting to your site, what they do once they get there and how engaged they are with your content.
- Bounce Rate: The percentage of people who get to your website but leave right away, without viewing any other page on the website
- Direct Traffic: People who visit your website by either 1) Typing your domain into the browser, 2) Using a browser bookmark, 3) A desktop application such as email in Outlook
- Exit Rate: The percentage of people who viewed more than one page on your website, but got to a certain page and exited the website
- Goal Conversions: Total number of people who completed a goal, i.e. offer download or contact form completion
- Referring Sites: A traffic source that cannot be identified as search engine or direct traffic; typically refers to other third party advertising, news articles, directions, etc.
- Visits: Total number of website visitors (Note: this does not usually reflect unique visits)